- Group Work:
is graded out of 5 points; The short quiz is graded out of 2 points. Three more points are earned based
on the completed group worksheets.
Partial credit for each question may be
- The following grades:
0abs (absent) are assigned respectively for the following cases:
Lateness for classes and absences.
- Online Homework:
are automatically graded out of 10 points. The grade for the questions,
which are correctly solved in the first attempt is going to be valued 100%, those
solved in the second attempt worth 75%, those solved in the third attempt
worth 50%, and those solved in final fourth attempt worth 25%
There are two exams each one has
multiple choice questions, and a final which has 30
multiple choice questions. There is no partial credit for exams.
Your final course grade will be based on a ranking system, based on your performance on the different activities in this class. Students will be periodically updated regarding their letter grade standing throughout the semester, and in particular after the common hour exams. Your final standing in the class at the end of the semester will determine your grade.
The grade distribution for this class will be as follows:
- The top 20% of the class will receive an A
- The next 10% of the class will receive a B+
- The next 20% of the class will receive a B
- The next 10% of the class will receive a C+
- Any student averaging a total grade of 62% in the class will receive a C. This is approximately the next 25% of the class.
- Any student averaging a total grade of 55% in the class will receive a D. This is usually less than 5% of the class.
- Finally, any student averaging a total grade that is less than 55% in the class will receive an F. This is usually less than 10% of the class.